The following is a list of requirements concerning tattooing and body piercing. A facility must be in compliance with these requirements in order to operate:
- All body artists must attend a blood-borne pathogen and universal precaution seminar and receive a certificate.
- Spore testing of the autoclave (sterilizer) must be conducted every three months by an approved licensed laboratory. The results are to be sent to the BBHD quarterly. Test first results must be on file prior to opening.
- A copy device must be in the facility. Every client’s state photo identification must be copied and attached to the consent form they complete.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all disinfectants used in the facility must be kept on file and available for review by the BBHD staff.
- A needle stick exposure protocol is required for each facility. The protocol must be approved by the Director of Health and be filed at the BBHD.
- Information must be provided and kept on file at the BBHD concerning the disposal of biomedical waste from the facility. The name of organization that will be disposing of containers of waste must be provided
- After care guidelines for tattooing and body piercing must be given to every client and available for review by the BBHD staff.
- Consent form for adult and a separate form for a minor must be provided to BBHD.
Download the Application for Public Accommodation License.