Vaccines are shots that prevent illnesses that cause:
- sore throats
- hearing loss
- brain damage
Shots protect against diseases such as:
- hepatitis A
- hepatitis B
- rubella (German measles)
BBHD Immunization Clinic
Clinic hours: Wednesdays, 2:15-3:30 pm (except holidays)
If you are unable to attend the Wednesday clinic, an appointment may be scheduled with the public health nurse. Please contact the Bristol-Burlington Health District at 860-584-7682.
Children Age 3 through 18, NO CHARGE – Vaccines are paid for by the CT Department of Public Health, “Vaccine for Children Program.”
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Meningococcal conjugate (MCV4)
- Flu vaccine – Prevailing charge
- PPD’s – $15.00 (Given on Mondays to be read on Thursdays or as directed by the nurse.
- Hepatitis B – Three (3) doses. City & Town Employees MUST have a request form from the employer indicating this vaccine is required.
Request for Immunization Records: FEE: $20.00 Non Refundable
- Fill out the Request for Immunization Records at the health district and pay the $20.00 fee.
- When the process is completed, the person requesting the Immunization Records will be notified by phone.
NOTE: We do NOT have immunization information for students that graduated High School prior to 1979. Contact physician, last school/college attended for medical information prior to 1979.
For additional information these resources may be helpful:
- Immunization Action Coalition
- Connecticut Infectious and Vaccine Preventable Disease Fact Sheets
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Parent Guide to Childhood Immunizations